Monday, September 8, 2008

Treatment Day 5

It's been a few days since I posted and wanted to give you all an update.  It was actually nice to have two days off from the radiation for the weekend.  I was able to make it out to hang with friends and went to a wedding, then watched the Colts Game at a friends house yesterday.

As far a my side effects much hasn't changed, I'm still getting tired easily. I'm take at least two naps a day, the first one usually right after treatment.  My neck is starting to look like it's sunburned, they did give me a wound cream to start using on Friday.  My mouth is dry most of the day and my throat is starting to feel a little sore.  But honestly none of this is really that bad at the moment, just annoying.

I did make the mistake of watching the special "Stand Up to Cancer" on Friday night by myself at home.  That wasn't the most up lifting thing to watch by yourself when you are going thru treatment.  But it is a really good cause if you didn't see it.  I downloaded the single off itunes and most of the profits from that are going to research.

I'm going to take my camera in tomorrow and see if they will take a photo or two for me.

That's about it for now.

No comments: