Great news, I only have tomorrow left! I thought I had to do 29 treatments and it's only 28. So tomorrow is my last day.
I saw the doctor today and talked about what would happen next. I was told my neck would start to heal in about two weeks, that's how long it take for the cells to start to re-grow. The Doctor thought my voice should start getting back to normal in 3 to 4 weeks, I hope sooner. For the next year I will have check ups every 4 to 6 weeks, then the next year 6 to 8 weeks, then every six months after. I was told yet again that I have a 25% chance of getting cancer again in the throat area sometime in my life and the doctor said because of my age I could probably count on it.
So you can see a photo of my neck, as you can tell it really just looks like a really bad sunburn. As with any sunburn it's gotten stiff and crackly so it hurts to turn my head.
Just one day left then we will see!
No comments:
Post a Comment